Thursday, July 2, 2009

while we wait

This has been a sweet time of waiting and anticipation. Early labor started last Thursday so we've been taking it reeeeally easy around here and sticking pretty close to home.

Even the cats know something's up, and Sophie, in particular, has been sticking to me like...well, like white on Sophie.

I never got around to making this little girl her own baby sweater... so I took the easy route. No, no, no - the easy route is not to go to Target and buy some cheap made-in-China acrylic sweater (egad, what were you thinking?!?). The easy route is as follows: Find older brother's baby sweater. Add crocheted ruffles to bottom edge. Exchange plastic grey button for something fancier. Maybe gussy up the cuffs or collar with some scalloped edges. Finally, embroider white and pink flowers on it and viola! You have a very nice little girl's sweater.

I know. It's not done yet.


But!! I finally finished Chamberlain's blanket and hat! See? Mohair and cotton/wool blend out of my stash. My most ambitious project since then has been to sit at the little table with a huge Norman Rockwell puzzle that I picked up for a dollar last week at a garage sale. It goes like this: Sit with the puzzle for half an hour, do laundry for ten minutes. Sit with the puzzle for another half an hour, go to the bathroom, sweep the floor, and come back to the puzzle. Very taxing, I know. But add contractions to it and then you'll sympathize.

3 comments:

new creationz said...

You are so clever with your crocheting! Has baby arrived yet?

Kathleen said...

Praying for you! And waiting to welcome your new little one!

Carol said...

Beautiful picture of Mom and daughter! :)

AddThis