Wednesday, February 17, 2010

studio re-do!


A few weeks ago a friend of mine came over with only a few minutes notice (you know who you are) to let her mother-in-law go shopping in my cabinet (you are soooo forgiven!) and I realized that I was in dire need of some major reorganization.

It may not look organized to you, but I know where everything is. I can tell how much white superwash I have (a lot! Yeah!) and if I'm going to run out of green anytime soon. The other yarns have their own shelf. Every size and style of hat has its own stack. And most importantly, if anyone stops by to do some impromptu shopping, all items are within reach!

Still have booties for Haiti! We raised almost $150 in January! When they're all gone, we'll have raised almost $900 total, so now is a great time to stock up on all of those baby shower gifts that you know you'll need this year! ♥
I've been wanting one of those magazine-holder-thingies for a loooong time, but didn't like the made-in-China ones in the stores. Here we have an upcycled box of Mini Wheats covered in craft paper and wrapped with - what else? - yarn, of course. It holds all of my cardstock, envelopes, address labels, customs forms, and anything else I can stuff in it.
Zee official order-wrapping table. Scissors, hole punch, scotch tape, packing tape, extra yarn, care and content labels, sparkly pens, and ...see that tissue paper hanging on the wall, and not covering my entire work surface? It's a beautiful thing. And Vin scored major points for putting it there.


Even Itzhak the Laptop has a new look...compliments of Iree.

8 comments:

Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys said...

Wow Shannon, I love how organised your work and storage spaces are! I'm thinking I need to go and find a nice order-wrapping table to help manage my craft room mess, LOL.

mattscraftywife said...

Looks great, you are very organized!

Hugs!

Beantree Designs said...

Shannon this looks great. I love the pictures of all your "stock" lines up together. The colors are scrumptious, I've got to think of someone with a little one I can get some of these for.

Sue Runyon said...

How pretty the yarn and items look and I'm jealous of the order packing area. Love the tissue paper holder and magazine holder! Great job.

Lucy79 said...

I wish my whole house was this organized,in my dreams it is LOL! I love you recycled cereal box, super cute idea!!

Julie said...

Impressive - I'll follow your example one of these days......maybe....
xx

Julie
Julie's Silk N Style

Terry said...

oooh, that's inspiring!

um...yeah, i think i need to clean off my computer desk.

polka dot skies said...

Love the tissue paper bar-I fold mine and it gets creases! Such a great idea! (I saw your blog link in the Etsy forums this morning:))

AddThis