Tuesday, June 8, 2010

well, honestly...a candid shot



Here I am. No make up, a little sunburned (Irish-ly tan, don't you know), working on the computer. Yes, that's an unwashed rice cooker behind the laptop. And, yes, those are some sad little seedlings waiting to be planted outside (the five-foot dowel rod was inserted by our oldest, out of concern that one of the plants needed a little, um, propping). That's a homeschool map under the counter by my feet. No glamour, just life. Isn't my littlest model cute, though?


I love normalcy. Simplicity. There is a pie crust crimper in one of our toy baskets. Our couches and other furniture are regularly de-frocked of their cushions and throw pillows in order to be utilized as fort materials and gymnastics mats. We wade through cats and small children like we're in a constant low surf. This is real life, no frills...and I love it. ♥

9 comments:

Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys said...

LOL Shannon, your place looks and sounds a lot like mine (although I only have two littlies). It's nice for me to know I'm not the only one who lives in this kind of normal, he he.

Julie Riisnaes said...

Great post embracing normal! We love to pretend glamour from time to time, but it would be boring to try and keep it up!!

Sue Runyon said...

Love the dowel. I'm sure it is very helpful.

MYSAVIOR said...

You are surely blessed.

ZudaGay said...

Normalcy is good...what ever that is for each home. We are empty nesters so our normalcy has changed from what it once was. One of our daughters just gave birth to their 6th child. God gives us grace to handle what we need to handle at the time we need to handle it. He is so good!! Your family is precious!!

sammysgrammy said...

I like getting to know you a little better. You life seems absolutely normal. Isn't it wonderful?

Princess Daffy said...

Shannon honey, I love everything about you and your normal life :o) You are precious!
xoxoxoxo

mattscraftywife said...

You are gorgeous Shannon! Not just outside, but inside too and that shines right through your gorgeous outside :D I love the barefeet and baby at your side too!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Luscious Lather said...

This is my kind of perfect! You, your baby, your seedlings, map, rice cooker - perfect and precious! ♥Diane

AddThis