Saturday, February 2, 2013

*crickets*

Did you miss me? We've been pretty scarce here for a while, and it looks like there are some cobwebs to sweep up. Let me find my feather duster...


It's been a little wild. If you've followed our family blog (or our last year at all) you probably know that we brought home our adopted son and daughter from Spaghettia last August. The last six months (!) have been very full of learning and growing and disciplining and teaching and bonding and feeding and praying. Things are shaking out, but it has taken several...um, earthquakes of sorts...to get us where we are currently.


Want to hear what's new, besides all that?

- We have kitty hats now available in 18 months to 4T size. Adult sizes and with earflaps are available by custom order, but not listed in the shop yet.


- A new team on Etsy has started recently and I am very, very excited about it. Team Jabez is a small, faith-based team of incredibly talented artists with a wide range of giftings. I'm thrilled and honored to be a part of it.

Rustic Bird on a Branch Polymer Clay Pendant Resurrection - Vintage, Pink, Cottage Chic, Floral, Macro, Nature Photography, Flowers, Pastels, Dreamy, Valentine, Shabby Chic, Spring         Pillowcases Paisley Olive Green Cream Hope Set-Africa Adoption Fundraiser  10' Felt Rose Wedding Garland Decoration Decorating Romantic Chic Wedding Cake prop Table Garland  Photo Prop

{just a sampling: pendant by Distlefunk2, photography by Jennifer Rigsby Photography, pillowcases by Adopting Nations, felted rose garland by The Find Sac}

- Felted thumbless mittens are now available in a larger size for bigger-but-still-small kids. You know, ages 3-5ish. :) We have just a few colors left, but inventory will be back to normal by next fall in all three sizes (0-12 months, 1-2 years, 3-5 years).


 - After mulling it over for about...oh, a year or so...we switched our homeschool curriculum to Ambleside Online this year, and I've discovered some new authors that I have fallen in love with. Charles Kingsley, Elizabeth Goudge, HE Marshall, Captain Marryat - where have you been all my life?! In just our last term I've learned the "kings and queens" from Henry VIII to Richard Cromwell and can not only explain what "The curse of the Cromwell be on ye!" means, but can also pull off a pretty fun accent and vigorous fist-shake to go with it.

In related news, the Lullabies spent the afternoon outside with Little Miss sitting as Queen Elizabeth on her snowbank throne. She sent the Professor to the Tower of London (a tall birch tree) for treachery.


- I have taken on my first major granny square project. It will be done in approximately 72 years.


I must go. Mr. Baruch's is asking why the washing machine lid is making a funny noise, and I have to explain that we - um, *cough* - did science a few days ago. Boys and dirt...need I say more?

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Oh my goodness...you just cost me an hour of my time....but I love you for it. I checked out Team Jabez and loved what I saw. Great shops and beautiful work. I made a treasury.
It was inspirational.

Glad to hear that you are settling in with your newest additions. Prayers continue for the days to come.

Hugs,
Becky

AddThis